Friday, October 14, 2011

Electrical, Ceiling Fans and Floating Toilets, oh my!

On Monday we went back to the architect to work on the electrical, cable and the like.  I think I was a bit of a third wheel at this particular meeting as Chuck is the one with the multiple outlet fetish!  We were able to map out where outlets, cable, routers for the wireless, ceiling fans, sconces, pendant lights and switches will be.  I have to say, if Chuck's office does not catch fire, I will be a happy camper.  I have never seen so many outlets and cable hook ups in my life.  But, we have to make sure we have all the requirements for his home office as he spends more time with his computer than most people spend with their children.  I woke up the next day to find an email exchange between the hubs and the architect.  It seems "someone" neglected to put an outlet where the kegerator will be. I'm not naming names (tho' I will interject Chuck spend a significant amount of time staring at the floor plan deciding where outlets should be) but, whew, crisis averted!

The architect was also able to pull up an interactive 3D tour of the main living area (kitchen, living, dining) and it looks really great!  Lots of architectural interest and plenty of room for paintings from my art collection.  It was nice to get a bit of scale and we like what we see so far.  There are a ton of built ins and storage which is necessary when scaling down by nearly 1000 square feet.  Chuck, being Chuck, asked if we could see other areas of the house in 3D.  Well, they had not really worked on that so when we went into the bathrooms the toilet was hovering about 3 feet off the ground, as was the shower and tub.  Seems we will need a stepladder to pee!  Sounds a bit precarious to me!

We appreciate the input our family and friends have sent our way and have incorporated some of them into the design.  Keep them coming!!

The architect (I feel like I should be typing Architect due to his importance in this endeavor!) sent us home with some homework.  We needed to designate some of the materials we wanted to be included in the house like type of flooring, wall treatment (textured or not, paint, tile, etc), trim treatments (baseboards, door trim) and ceiling heights.  We will then (hopefully next week) start meeting with builders for estimates!  Man, I hope we can get this baby started before the weather turns.  Not that is gets super bad here in Texas, but it can be unpredictable.

Onward and upward!

Love to all and recycle!!!!!!!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment